Van Tango

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bicycle Rush

East 17 shouldn't be holding their breath for a new album, because they could be waiting a very long time. After a one off show at the Shepherd's Bush Empire in May, they had planned to reform and release a new album. However, old tensions managed to bubble to the surface while they were in the studio when main guys Tony Mortimer and Brian Harvey can't work together. Brian arrived late one day which made Tony lost it. Band mate John Hendy explained: "Brian refused to work with Tony again after their punch up. Brian thought that if Tony reacts like that every time he's late then what's the point? "I don't think Tony's heart was in it really. There was too much of an ego clash between him and Brian." Should they carry on just the three of them? Don't think they are gonna stay another day.

Elton John has revealed that for his next album he hopes to make a hip hop record with... Dr Dre! His latest record 'The Captain And Yhe Kid' is out next month but Crocodile Man already has his sights on his next rather strange project. He told Rolling Stone: "I want to bring my songs and melodies to hip-hop beats - a bit like no
'No Diggity' by Blackstreet. I love these beats, but I have no idea how to get them." Maybe he is inspired by Robb's new music direction? John added: "I want to work with Pharrell, Timbaland, Snoop, Eminem and just see what happens. It may be a disaster, it could be fantastic, but you don't know until you try." We'll reserve judgement on this one till it actually happens.

Lily Allen - LDN (New Version)


Franz Ferdinand have revealed the downside to touring . . . male streakers on stage and exploding toilets. The band were playing in Switzerland recently when an overzealous fan stripped in front of them. Kapranos said: "This guy pulled his pants down during Walk Away. I just saw this pink thing flash at the side of my eyes, but I managed to sing on." LOL! The indie boys have spent the last few months on the road touring the world's biggest music festivals. And it wasn't all luxury coaches and five-star hotels. Nick said: "We've seen some horrors. There was an exploding toilet at one of the festivals we played. It was like an explosion of a sewage truck. There were jobbies everywhere." The pipe choke must have been 40ft deep.

Jessica Simpson spoke with Us Weekly about how she lost 8 pounds in two weeks ahead of her Teen Choice Awards co-hosting gig. "I have been working out five days a week for two hours a day," she told the tabloid. "There are no tricks. There is no easy way." Read more. [Jess-article]

Listen to Jessica Simpson's entire album 'A Public Affair' here - [Jess-PA]

Keira Knightley shops at Barney's Of New York in LA (18/08/2006)

Vid sightings:
- Lindsay Lohan and Harry Morton spend the day together in Beverly Hills. [lohan1]
- La Lohan and Harry Morton get coffee at the Coffee Bean in West Hollywood. [lohan2]
- Brooke Shields leaves Club Monaco clothing store in Beverly Hills with daughter Grier. [brooke]
- Christina Aguilera sings to her fans during a free summer outdoor concert. [xtina]

Ashton Kutcher insists he doesn't hate critics who bash his lack of talent because he shares their sentiments. He was a former model before making a name for himself in a string of roles including That '70s Show and Dude, Where's My Car? He told Details mag, "I'll read how shitty they think I am. I don't necessarily think all the critics are wrong...I don't think I'm that good. And they don't think I'm that good. So I'm not pulling that feeling out of my a**. They're just backing up that feeling that I already have about myself." Weird. This guy is quite a talented actor. Kutcher claims he knows his limits when it comes to dramatic roles and insists that's why he dropped out of the running for Superman Returns. He adds, "Could anybody f**king take me seriously as Superman? Let's be honest about that!" Yup. He can be that superhero, but only in the next Scary Movie series.

Charlize Theron ending her acting career? Theron wants to give up her Hollywood career as she no longer considers acting to be a "real job". She took on the role of producer for new film East Of Havana - and the experience has convinced the beauty that acting is not enough to fulfil her anymore. But Theron is afraid Hollywood won't accept her as anything other than an actress, despite her previous production work on Monster. She says, "I think it's going to take a while in this industry. Especially for a woman to step up and say I am capable of actually doing the job, and it's not just a vanity thing, it's something that I actually consider a real job. "I think that's been the biggest bump for me in the road, but it's something that I really, truly enjoy doing." Let's hope she doesn't stop appearing in starring roles.

Charlize Theron at the Edinburgh International Film Festival (17/08/2006)



No more kids for Dougy & Zeta? Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones have decided not to have any more children. The pair had planned to add to their brood, Dylan, six and Carys three but have decided to settle on two. Douglas says, "I think Catherine's resigned to the fact. "She's gone back and forth on the subject, but when she gets back into work, I think she realises that two's enough and I say to her, 'Just think of your stepson as your third child.'" Is there something they are hiding from us? Zeta-Jones was said to have been in extreme agony after having a toenail ripped off on her new movie set. Ouch. She was filming a scene for "Death Defying Acts," a biopic about Harry Houdini, at London's Savoy hotel, when a strong, heavy-built member of the crew accidentally stepped on her foot. A source revealed, "It virtually took the toenail clean off. The nurse was called in. She was in pain but didn't have a tantrum." Producer Dan Lupovitz played down the incident, saying she quickly recovered from the toe mishap. "It was as minor incident which hardly disrupted filming. She's fine," he said. This lady won't whine about it unlike some spoilt-new-ones out there.

THERE WILL BE AN X-MEN 4 MOVIE!!! [link]

Evangeline Lilly candids arriving LAX: ...still suffering some jetlag?
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image


Scarlett Johansson hates going to the dentist. The Match Point star needs to have her wisdom teeth removed but is too afraid to have the painful procedure. She said: "I hear it's painful and horrible. Every time a dentist tells me I have to get them removed, I just change and get a new one!" Haha. Meanwhile, Scarlett is taking the rest of the summer off to go on a girlie holiday to the Caribbean. She finished shooting four films in the last year, including Woody Allen's project 'Scoop' and 'The Black Dahlia', so feels she deserves a holiday. She said: "I've been working non-stop. And I think it's time I treated myself to a little vacation. What I'm planning to do is go with a couple of my girlfriends to the Caribbean. I have decided I definitely need the Caribbean." A hard worker indeed.


Kimberley Walsh was photographed at Embassy Club in London, England on Saturday (August 19). [GlobePhotos]

Pete Doherty was photographed buying a bagel from a local bagel shop in London, England on August 17th. [Photorazzi]

The Prodigy's Maxim tells us the scary-looking band are one big, happy family again after a turbulent few years. The twisted Firestarters - Liam Howlett, Keith Flint, below, and Maxim - first flew into the charts with rave song Charly in 1991. And their third album, Fat Of The L and, was one of the, biggest sellers of the 90s. But the group fell apart amid rows and solo projects. Now they've re-formed and Maxim tells us: "There's no bullshit any more, we've got over that. We're like a big family now. We've put it all behind us and there's no splitting us up." Phew! This band is one of the few acts that really revolutionized the dance-punk-rock genre. Nice to see them worked out the differences and probably should tell those East 17 boys to sod off...

New Music Vids:
The Veils - Advice For Young Mums To Be [link]
Cassius - Toop Toop [link]
Robbie Williams - Rudebox [link]
Muse - Starlight [link]
reported by Alex Banks

0 Comments:

Add a comment

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page free counter