Van Tango

Monday, July 24, 2006

Ramshackle Riot Show


Coty Inc., the world's largest perfume maker, said it has signed Kylie Minogue to sell a new fragrance line and related products. Coty said it would launch a new line of eau de toilette, eau de parfum and other products in the fall in Australia, Britain, Ireland, to be followed by other markets in Europe and Asia. Coty didn't disclose the value of the deal with Minogue. It already has perfume marketing deals with other celebrities like Celine Dion, J.Lo and Sarah Jessica Parker. Yay! This Kylie fragrance will be the obsession of millions.


Gillian Anderson has announced that she is pregnant, just three months after she split from documentary filmmaker Julian Ozanne. The father of the baby is Anderson's new boyfriend, a London businessman. She has an eleven-year-old daughter, Piper, from her first marriage. When asked to confirm the news, Anderson's spokesperson issued a statement saying, "It is not our policy to comment on a client's private life. We know, however, that you would like to congratulate her on her Emmy nomination for Bleak House and great continued professional success." Produced in UK or USA? The answer is still out there..

Keira Knightley and her boyfriend in London:


Lindsay Lohan and Harry Morton on the set of Georgia Rule:


Nick Valensi has married his girlfriend Amanda De Cadenet in a secret ceremony on Harbour Island in the Bahamas. They made the announcement in Hello! magazine last week, but have not disclosed the date of their wedding. It's the first marriage for Valensi, while De Cadenet has a 14-year-old daughter Atlanta with ex-husband, Duran Duran bassist John Taylor. De Cadenet - who is pregnant with twins - had a wedding dress designed by designer Marc Jacobs. She says the couple decided to wed in a hurry during a brief break between The Strokes' world tour, so weren't able to invite their respective families. She says, "We've been together for five years and wanting to get married for two. It wasn't as if we felt we had to do this because of the twins. They and the wedding are two entirely separate large events, neither of which was made easier by Nick being away on a world tour. He's probably only spent ten days in New York this last year, so quite how we managed to get pregnant I don't know! I called my mum, brother and father when I got to Nassau airport and they weren't hugely surprised. I'm really pleased it was just me and Nick at our wedding, because I cried the whole time". Congrats to both!

The Strokes (Live in Lyon) 17th Jul 2006 audios zip -> [strokes-lyon]
01 Juicebox
02 The End Has No End
03 Red Light
04 The Modern Age
05 Heart In A Cage
06 Electricityscape
07 Is This It
08 Ize Of The World
09 Someday
10 Hard To Explain
11 You Only Live Once
12 Last Nite
13 Ask Me Anything
14 Vision Of Division
15 Reptilia
16 New York City Cops
18 Alone Together
18 Take It Or Leave It




Some 'feel good' tunes:
1) Vision of Division - "how long must I wait???"
2) Fuck Forever - "..but clever ain't wise"
3) She Moves In Her Own Way - "..paper dreams, honey"


Richard Ashcroft - Keys to the World 'B-sides' [ashcroft-bsides]

Alan Donohue, singer with The Rakes, has spoken to Peta2 about animal rights. The interview sees the pro-animal site talking to the vegan frontman in a video, as well as running a competition where fans can win a pair of drumsticks signed by every member of the band. Watch the interview [rakes-animal-talk]

The Rakes - The World Was A Mess

Start your Google page with DPT - [link]


Miss Japan (Kurara Chibana) was robbed at this year's Miss Universe pagent!


















And the winner, Miss Puerto Rico:














..might actually be a clone of the smooth criminal (pic)..



Boy Kill Boy guitarist and vocalist Chris Peck spoke with Popworld.com in a Q&A, where he was asked what he thought of Lily Allen. "Yeah, we met her at T In The Park. She'd already played and found out she was No.1 [with 'Smile'] so she was like running around with a bottle of champagne," Peck said. "Her general attitude was, 'Who are you? I don't care, I'm better than you. I'm No.1, fu** off.' And it was excellent. We were having an interview at one point and she walked past us and said, 'You're crap, I'm amazing, I'm No.1, fu** off.' Wicked. She's like a little Gallagher, isn't she? I love it. I like her song as well. I'm quite interested in what she's all about." Read more. [bkb-popworld]

Babyshambles performed the Woodbury Tavern on Seven Sisters Road in London, England on Thursday (July 20). [Photoshot]

Lily Allen posed for an exclusive photo session [FilmMagic] on Monday (July 17) at K-West Hotel in London. She recently attended an XFM Session called Live On Music: Response. [lily-xfm]




Denise Richards is to pose for a nude photo shoot for Jane magazine to raise money for the celebrity charity 'Clothes Off Our Back'. Denise has previously stripped for Playboy and various movie roles so isn't phased by the idea: "I think I will be wearing clear balloons. Jane has done this before, so I think it will be a pretty issue." The photos will appear in the mag's forthcoming 'No Prudes Allowed' issue. Hmm.. will Charlie Sheen purchase a copy? Maybe as an alternative to tissue paper for blowing his nose.


Jennifer Aniston wants to become a doctor? She is "fascinated" by medicine and has always dreamed of being in medical industry. Her dad John Aniston once went to medical school. Jenn says, "I would probably do something in the medical community. I would like to and I think I'm obsessed with doctors and what they do. My dad was going to be a doctor when he went through a period when he wasn't having the success that he wanted and he went to medical school. I would sit and watch these shows on surgeries and it blows my mind". First operation she could perform on would be removing the excess weight from Vince-y.

After her US tour which ends next week (28 July), Ashlee Simpson is taking a break from the music world so she can plot her assault on Hollywood. She says, "I'm actually going on vacation, so I'm relaxing and chilling for a while. I'm going to make a new record, and I'm taking my time with that, and I'm going to be looking at scripts, so it'll be a while. You won't be hearing anything for a while." Girly kind of roles? Nah. Ashlee isn't going to take just any role offered to her - she wants "indie-style" and "quirky characters". She tells VH1, "Those are the ones I know I'll have to stretch out of myself to become. That's what I want right now. But I'm not necessarily jumping into one certain role. I want to have a more diverse career." Maybe she realise that being 'invincible' is not fun anymore. That is one horrible track for sure.

Colin Farrell has revealed he entered rehab seven months ago for the sake of his three year old son, James. Colin cited exhaustion and an addiction to prescription painkillers when he entered rehab but was also known to have problems with alcohol and illegal drugs. "Now I want to watch my son grow up, be his friend and his father, and hang around with him. So he's the greatest priority in my life." But he doesn't want to be reunited with James' mother, his ex-gf Kim Bordenave. Despite rumours of a relationship with Lake Bell, Colin is happy to be single for the time being: "I don't have a better half or significant other. I've found a love I never thought I'd find with my son. It would be very hard to have somebody - for them and me. I'm never in one place for longer than three or four months and have been living in hotels for seven years. It's better for me, at 30, to be on my own." All for you, Little James..

'Retrosexuals' call for return of Manly Men? [article]
reported by Alex Banks

0 Comments:

Add a comment

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page free counter