Van Tango

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Village Man

Keira Knightley's ex Jamie Dornan finished with her because he couldn't handle her success and now it looks like her relationship with Rupert Friend might go the same way. At the party after Monday's Euro premiere of P.o.t.C, Rupert joked about Keira's role in the film: "It must have been a hard job kissing Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom. I'm sure she hated every minute of it!" But then, more seriously, he complained: "She hardly ever comes home to me."Keira admitted she's been working hard of late: "I know I've been like a workaholic and I really don't have time for much. I want to spend more time with my friends and family." But when asked if she would take time off to spend specifically with Rupert, she added: "I'm going to take time off because of myself mainly, not because of him. Let's see how things go there. I'm working on two new movies, that's what I'm concerned about now." Workaholic schedule comes first?

Anyways, her ideal man is a mixture of Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp. Keira is convinced a blend of the two heart throbs would produce every girl's dream guy. She told BANG Showbiz: "If I could have a mixture of the two that would be ideal. I think if was possible to have a bit both - a bit of a nice guy and bit of a bad boy - that would be good." Wonder how Rupert must be feeling from that statement. But indeed if you can clone a mixture of those two into one, it will be dreamzone for most out there.

Keira out and about in London:

Arriving at Radio One in London:



No more of Princess Diary? Anne Hathaway has revealed that she's not planning to make films for the rest of her life. She said: "I don't feel comfortable doing movies. It's not what I trained to do. I trained to be a theatre actress. It's a lot harder I think than people realize." She also revealed that she's keen to follow non-acting pursuits too: "My goal for the next ten years is to get into carpentry, because I really want to learn how to make my own furniture. I'm a pretty boring person. My passion is interior decorating." Carpentry??? Think Anne is one of the better movie stars who behave properly towards the media. And she is willing to sacrifice the high life. No more interesting dresses at the movie premieres, then.

Sandra Bullock has decided she'd rather give up acting than follow other celebrities down the cosmetic surgery route: "Surgery is not for me. Luckily, my job hasn't been based on being a sex kitten or being the most beautiful girl of the lot, or a fashion icon. If I don't feel like I can age with my job, I won't do it any more." No reason at all for her to go through that route.


Kate Moss is frantically trying to end the feuds between three of her exes before they join up for a charity night of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. The trio - Pete Doherty, Russell Brand and Anthony Rossomando - have two things in common. And they are their obsession with the clothes horse and their desire to raise money for recovering drug addicts. So they have agreed to help the catwalk queen stage a fund-raising music and comedy concert at London's Koko club in November in aid of anti-drugs charity Focus. But it looks like Kate is the one in need of charity, because she's got caught up in a massive battle of the egos. And she is desperately trying to persuade them to overcome their differences for a higher cause. "Kate is disappointed that the boys are fighting to impress her rather than working together to help troubled addicts." The two biggest culprits are Pete and DPT member Anthony. But Russell is ready to make up with Pete and Anthony, because Focus helped him during his struggle with heroin abuse and now wants to do the same for others. The randy pixie said: "I'm doing this thing for recovering junkies, for Focus, a wonderful charity which helped me through my addiction. Me and Noel Gallagher and Dirty Pretty Things and a load of others are doing a gig at Koko in November and everyone should come along. We're trying to think of unusual fundraising ideas." How about a sponsored triple-threat boxing match between you, Pete and Anthony?

There is a new name for Lindsay Lohan. She is changing it to Rose.. Why? La Lohan has allegedly been so inspired by the teachings of the Kabbalah she is now preparing to turn her back on the Catholic Church in which she was brought up and convert to the faith. Now, will this last? Doubt so.

At her 20th Birthday Bash:


With her new boyfriend on the poolside on Malibu Beach:


And she's doing the acrobats? [link]


This is what I've been waiting for! Interpol have finally given fans a hint of what to expect from their new album after a long hiatus. They have been working on their third album since the beginning of the year, and intend to release it in 2007. In a statement on their official website, they declared: "We're hard at work on the writing of album three. We've been at it for six months - in case you heard we were on hiatus. We're all very excited about it and think that you will be too. Having yet to record, we can only say that release will come sometime next year." Offering few details about how the album would sound, the group did provide a few snippets of information. "We've got one gem in the works entitled 'The Heinrich Maneuver.' And another that was called 'Pawn Shop'. But that's called something else now," they added. A new indie rock album from the Obstacle boys. Ssssssssweet.

Lightning Strikes Teenager Listening To iPod! [link]

The Pipettes - (Pull Shapes/ ABC/ Why Did You Stay) acoustic live @ Radio Deejay [link]

Arctic Monkeys will release 'Leave Before The Lights Come On' on August 14, and will be accompanied by two cover versions on the B-side. Speaking to NME, Alex Turner said: "'Leave Before the Lights Come On' feels very much like it could be on the album. So we're going to put that out as a single. I remember it's the last song that I wrote about that sort of time, going out and that. My life's not really like that any more." New direction, eh?

Robbie Williams will have a restaurant named at him at Port Vale Football Club. He is a massive fan of the team, and holds a 25% stake in the company. Williams is said to be "very happy and proud" over the move. Club chairman Bill Bratt commented: "(He) said yes without any hesitation when we asked. We would like to think he would come and see it but he is in the middle of a world tour at the moment but, when the football season starts we think he will be here." The suite is part of a 7 million pounds reconstruction of the club's ground, and is expected to be completed next year. Wonder if the names of dishes will have supreme or 'something beautiful' themes as well?

Christina Aguilera - Ain't No Other Man (Remixes) [link]

The Rifles are giving away a free podcast download to fans. The podcast gives "a great insight into real contenders for being The next Big Thingamijig", as well as featuring music from the band's new album. The podcast can be downloaded here - [wma]

Radiohead Live (30-06-2006) @ Greek Theatre, Los Angeles [audios]

Tatu's song 'Loves Me Not' from their second album Dangerous And Moving, will become the fourth single. The videoshoot for this song is planned to take place this month. "In July we're gonna shoot a new video. The video treatment is crazy, but hush - it's a secret..." - wrote Yulia in her diary. The release dates of the single are not set at the moment. Long time since I've heard from these Russian superstars. And they must have been bored G.A did not come touring in their homeland..

Celebs video sightings:
- Michelle Rodriguez @ Hyde. "That's not a club, honey" (Jul 3) [link]
- Christina Aguilera at NYC Buddha Bar EW Party (Jun 28) [link]
- Brittany Murphy returning from Consumer Electronic Show (Jun 27) [link]


Del Piero hopes his world cup doesn't slide away. Noel G will be Alessandro Del Piero's lucky mascot for the World Cup final against France in Berlin. Noel is friends with the Italian striker and has been asked by Del Piero to turn up to the final in exactly the same clothes he was wearing for the semi-final against Germany. The songwriter told www.fifaworldcup.com: "The semi-final was the first time I'd seen Italy play and before the game we went to the hotel and Del Piero was a bit upset because he wasn’t starting but he then said, 'I'm going to come off the bench and score'. "After the game he said I'd become his lucky mascot so I've got to go to the final and wear the exact same clothes and underwear and socks to bring him good luck. So I'll be wearing a white T-shirt and dark blue jeans and trainers." Del Piero is a big Oasis fan and once gave the Gallagher brothers a pair of his boots. "I had to split them with Liam - he's got one boot and I've got the other," said Gallagher, who was left dumbfounded by the semi-final in Dortmund. "I've been to a lot of big football matches in my time but I have to say the atmosphere there was just sensational. If I never see another game in my entire life, that will do for me." Noel is also confident that Italy will win against France. And I'm positive they will.
reported by Alex Banks

0 Comments:

Add a comment

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page free counter