Van Tango

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Frog Prince

The star-studded guest list of Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's wedding has been revealed. The hotly anticipated nuptials, taking place this weekend, are set to be attended by a host of A-list celebrities. Long time pal Naomi Watts, close friend Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman and Moulin Rouge director Baz Luhrman are all expected to be present. Urban's country music star friend Kenny Chesney is also believed to be making an appearance, as well as his ex-wife, Renee Zellweger - another close friend of Nicole. M.I boy is not expected to attend whereas their adopted children - Isabella and Connor - will be present to witness their mum tie the knot. After the ceremony, the newlyweds are said to heading Fiji for their honeymoon.

Nicole Kidman will sing with Ewan McGregor at her wedding. The pair starred in Moulin Rouge together and Nicole - who is reportedly marrying country singer Keith Urban on Sunday - wants to perform 'Come What May' with the Scot at her wedding reception. Ewan was also asked to wear a kilt for the performance! Meanwhile, Bette Midler has laughed off reports she will be the wedding singer, despite admitting she has been invited. Now that is a big relief. Nicole had her hen party at her sister's Sydney home last night. Must have been an enjoyable event before the big day.

More details on Nicole's wedding! [link]

Christina Aguilera is out with the video to her new single 'Ain't No Other Man', from the upcoming album 'Back To Basics', due out August 15th. Watch it -> [hi / lo] / [video file]

50 Cent was on hand for a press conference [wireimage] on Wednesday (June 14) at Karaiskaki Stadium in Athens, Greece.

Liam Gallagher was photographed picking his nose [wenn] when leaving his local off-licence in London, England on Wednesday (June 14).

The Zutons performed in concert [filmmagic] at Hammersmith Apollo on Friday (June 16) in London, England.

Jewel has turned her back on Hollywood because she was spending too much time making movies. The Alaskan fell into acting and enjoyed acclaim for a handful of performances, including her portrayal of a US Civil War widow in Ang Lee's Ride With The Devil, but she has decided that a movie career is not for her. She says: "I love acting, but I started spending all my rare days off on auditions and getting movies put together. I thought, 'What the hell am I doing? I'm not enjoying my life.' I didn't want to be more famous." What a pity. And some others get too much screen time when they don't really deserve it.

Pete Doherty wants to record a solo album this summer. He will work with Jake Fior who revealed to NME magazine: "Yes, I'm doing this record, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions." One track rumoured to be going on the album is 'Darksome Sea' - which is believed to be about Doherty's turbulent relationship with Katy. The lyrics read: "I'll take the blame, I'll bear the shame, I wish I held you." That sounds cheesy. Might as well be called 'La Belle Et La Bete 2'.

Pete has also signed a book deal to publish his diaries. There will be 20 volumes of poems, drawings, lyrics and personal reflections in one hardback book. He was supposed to attend the publishing launch in his favourite pub to do a poetry reading - but failed to turn up. Ian Preece, editor of Orion Books, explained that the singer would not be coming. "It's probably because Holland v Argentina is on. That's rock'n'roll" he said. Which was a freakin' boring match as both have already qualified.. Orion have bought the world rights to those journals. They will chart Pete's rise to fame from 1999 to the present day.The launch was held at The Boogaloo pub, North London. Preece said: "The diaries stretch right back to Pete's early years. They are full of poems, lyrics, thoughts, artwork and photos. Some of it is very funny, some it is pretty dark. All of it is incredibly readable. It is intimate and honest stuff and a complete antidote to a lot of what you might have read about him." The journals will be published in March 2007. I want to know what he thinks about the success of DPT so hopefully that piece of info is also included.

Rachel Stevens is in the running to play the love interest in the next Pink Panther movie. There will be two sequels, and the movies will see Steve Martin reprising his role as detective Inspector Clouseau. Her last screen time was a role in Deuce Bigalow 2.

Here is Rachel leaving Bentley's in London (6/19/06)


The Kooks - B-sides and New Songs [link]

O2 Wireless Festival review with pics [dienacht / jenny]. From what I know, The Strokes were not really up to par with DPT & The Raconteurs while upcoming band The Young Knives are well received. O2 Vids -> [Steady As She Goes / Reptilia]

The Strokes - You Only Live Once [video file]



AOL Sessions features Keane performing Atlantic, Nothing In My Way, A Bad Dream, Is It Any Wonder amongst others. Watch the performances, and an interview here [Keane AOL].

Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner spoke with Australia's Time Off mag about the hype the band enjoyed for their 'Fever To Tell' and how things have quieted down for 'Show Your Bones'. "While we were going through it, it was completely surreal," Zinner laughed. "I realize now that it's kind of like a cycle. Every year there's, like, four new bands that go through the cycle - they're just thrown right into it and kind of blown up to these mega-hyped proportions, often completely irrelative to how good they are. It's a strange thing. I think we have a little more perspective on it now; maybe it started off as being someone who was genuinely really excited about it, and then that was met with skepticism and that skepticism was either defended or criticized in turn. It's kind of like a chain reaction that happens outside of the people who are making the music." Read more.. (link)


Though it is hard to believe, Katharine Mcphee has had problems with bulimia for five years. She finally conquered the nightmare by enrolling with the Eating Disorder Centre of California after winning a place on A.Idol. She says, "When I made it onto American Idol, I knew that food - my eating disorder - was the one thing holding me back. I knew I had put off going to a treatment centre long enough - I'd been struggling with bulimia since I was 17. Growing up in Los Angeles and spending all those years in dance class, I'd been conscious of body image at a young age, and I went through phases of exercising compulsively and starving myself." Of getting treatment for her illness, she says, "That's why I say American Idol saved my life, because if I hadn't auditioned I don't think I would have gotten a handle on food." If that's the case, there are several big names out there whom Kat could recommend joining the show. I believe nobody wants to see real-life 'pirates of the caribbean' skeletons in skirts and high fashion clothings which are prevalent these days.


Another amazing news is that Evangeline Lilly doesn't like to see herself on the mirror at home. So she had all the mirrors covered up! Apparently Lilly is paranoid about how she looks since starring in Lost; becoming extremely self-conscious over her appearance and constantly finds flaws with her body. Speaking to Reveal mag: "I've never felt so stressed or conscious of how I look. If you walk into my bathroom, the mirror is covered by a sarong. I just want to forget what I look like when I get home." Lilly once "kicked up a real fuss" when show bosses asked her to shoot a semi-nude scene in the first episode of the series. She was so adamant she wouldn't strip for the cameras she demanded the script be re-written. Which was changed for her to be in tank top. Her 'Eisoptrophobia' (fear of seeing oneself in a mirror) is not uncommon though. But at least she looks healthy and not losing normal weight.


Love this article! *Up With Grups* -> He owns eleven pairs of sneakers, hasn't worn anything but jeans in a year, and won't shut up about the latest Death Cab for Cutie CD. But he is no kid. He is among the ascendant breed of grown-up who has redefined adulthood as we once knew it and killed off the generation gap... (more)
reported by Alex Banks

0 Comments:

Add a comment

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page free counter