Van Tango

Thursday, May 18, 2006

My Sister Lover

In New York City last Saturday, Nicole Kidman hosted the 30th Anniversary gala for the organization UNIFEM. Her date? Keith Urban, who, she admits, is not just her boyfriend. "He's actually my fiance," Kidman said. "I wouldn't be bringing my boyfriend." Okay, so these two are indeed engaged. Back in Nov, she was photographed wearing a ring on her wedding finger while walking arm-in-arm with Urban in Boston. But Urban's rep brushed off speculations regarding a possible engagement. This is exactly the way to surprise the paparazzi. Well done to them.

Nicole Kidman on the set of her new as-yet-untitled film (17th May 2006)




Lindsay Lohan has confessed that she cannot be monogamous. She says being a one man woman is impossible for her. Speaking to Britain's OK! mag, La Lohan said: "I've learned recently that I'm not into being in a monogamous relationship. I just can't be monogamous right now." Her most recent conquest was Kate Moss's former fling, Jamie Burke, who joins the 'lost-count' list. La Lohan will leave her teen queen party girl image behind when she turns 20 in July this year. Adult drama queen tag, anyone?

Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie 13th Annual Race to Erase M.S Show. I think Lindsay looks fat..
























Paris Hilton vs. Nicole Richie in a brand new Celebrity Death Match.



Video footage from Christina Aguilera's GQ photoshoot.



Sweet Oblivion[link] has some live audio files from Richard Ashcroft's gig (Mar 7th 2006)

For those in the mood for some nostalgia Pulp moments of the early 90s, James [link] has written a tribute post with some cool mp3s of course. And yeah, M People somehow beat Pulp in the 94' Mercury Music Prize competition. They are just alright but not as fantastic as Jarvis and gang.

Pete Doherty article scans [link] from The Sunday Times magazine.

Check out this video clip [link] of Katharine McPhee mugging for the cameras months before her chance at stardom saying "I bought these" while gently fondling her breasts during rehearsals for an amateur theatre play. Will she be the next A.I? Soul patrol stands in her way.

Katharine McPhee visited 'Good Day LA' last Friday. During the interview, she talked about her mother and the rumors that she's a "stage mom" and people complained she had an unfair advantage because she could go home since she lives near 'Idol'. Kat also talked about when Simon Cowell apologized to her after the Whitney Houston performance. Watch the appearance here -> (part1 / part2).

Katharine McPhee visits her old high school..



This bloody Norwegian ref is one of the worst I've seen in a Champions League final. Why can't he just allow the goal to stand, give a yellow to Lehmann and let the game continue????? By sending him off, the whole complexion of the game changed. Everyone was expecting a good finale with top-class football between both sides and end-to-end stuff. I'm sure Wenger won't mind being a goal down instead of having to sacrifice Pires for Almunia. The first goal came from Campbell's FREE header from Hen-ry's free kick, given after Eboue dived quite well from a tackle outside the box. Half-time 1-0. Second half, the gooners decided to park the bus in front of goal with Barca trying hard to penetrate. Hen-ry should have finished the game off after being one-on-one with Valdes but he shot straight... Then H.Larsson came on and masterminded two exquisite assists for Eto'o and then Belletti for the winner in the 82th, 86th min respectively. The CL trophy is going back to Spain. I don't give a damn who wins it, but thanks to the ref, the promise of a spectacular football final goes down the drain. *insert expletives galore here*


NPR's World Cafe featured Jack White and Brendon Benson [link] on their new project The Raconteurs. Listen to an interview and performances of Level, Steady as She Goes, Hands, and Together. Good stuff.

Robbie Williams is planning on taking a long break from touring after he finishes his current 2006 world tour. Robb kicked off his tour in April in South Africa and will finish in Australia at the beginning of Dec. He is looking forward to an extended break, saying: "I'm not going to tour for a long time after this tour. For me this tour is a year-long celebration of what I've achieved as a solo artist. It comes in the form of getting on stage in stadiums. After that I'll say thank you very much. It's not something I want to do again for a long time." Who can blame him? All that moolah, all the wild fans, life sure is tough yah...

Now, Robb has admitted he would rather be a footballer then a pop star any day of the week. Robbie and his team are set to play against Gordon Ramsey's team in a fundraising event called Soccer Aid. Talking on the 'Friday Night With Jonathan Ross' show, he says: "I love football, I'm so passionate about it, I'd rather be a footballer than a singer." Never seen him in a proper footie match. Wonder if he falls down like a woman after being lightly tackled? Maybe not, he is 'supreme' after all...

His next single, Sin Sin Sin is released on May 22.


Keira Knightley has been ruled out of a film or theatre part in the classic movie 'My Fair Lady', after director Trevor Nunn insisted he was perfectly happy with his present choices. She was reportedly "desperate" to play London flower girl-tuned-socialite Eliza Doolittle. However, Nunn said she has no part for her in the play.. "Keira is a wonderful, talented actress and I loved her in Pride and Prejudice, but no, I'm not seeking her for My Fair Lady. I would not rule out working with Keira in the future - in fact, I'd be very keen to, if the right project came along." It's a pity, then. That part was once portrayed by Audrey Hepburn.

Here's Keira shooting "Silk" in Rome







Ahah! Van Tango is one year old! The first time I got hooked into this blogging world was to just blabber out my nonsensical opinions regarding the entertainment world, new songs/bands/singers that caught my attention and maybe some football, daily life issues. Close peeps always say I'm ahead of time regarding the topic of celebs/music news. So maybe I thought wouldn't it be nice to just jot down the stuff through blogging and here I am. It's quite cool to learn new web scripts as well. And having some wonderful peeps who gave the thumbs up for this blog. Even through the busy days, I've managed to squeeze time discovering new bands, singers and sharing my opinions. And browse through the antics of the usual suspects in the entertainment world.
reported by Alex Banks

0 Comments:

Add a comment

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page free counter