Van Tango

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Eyeball Tickler

On a slimming centre advert :

Announcer : Welcome to Slim-Quick. We have world class facilities to help you reduce your weight. Let's interview one of our happy customers, Susan.
Susan : *Waving to camera*
Announcer : So..Ms Susan. Why did you decide to come to Slim-Quick?
Susan : Well, all these years I have had weight issues. I am unable to remove the 1kg excess fat from my body. I have very low morale because of it and even though my friends said that I look great but I think they are just being nice. Sadness has taken over me.
Announcer : And what has Slim-Quick done to you?
Susan : Thanks to Slim-Quick, I've not only removed that 1kg excess fat but the wonderful staff also took out another 1kg. So now, I have actually lost 2kg in total!
Announcer : How has that benefited you?
Susan : Oh yes. I'm now more confident and positive. My life is complete! Thank you Slim-Quick!
Announcer : So there you have it. Let us at Slim-Quick help you remove your woes forever. Call now!!


Franz's intro for "Come On Home" has some resemblance to The Strokes' "Raga" solo riff.

Not impressed by the current Gwen Stefani music philosophy. Whats up with the 3 or 4 "invisible" jap girls following her everywhere? Her best days were in No Doubt...with cool hits like Don't Speak and Spiderweb.
Now whenever me saw her whatever Rollerback mtv...the remote control is always being used.

Eva Mendes is a stone cold stunner. Just happened to take notice of this actress on a magazine lately...not too sure who she was but knew that I've seen her before in a movie few years back. Happened to be in the show "Desperado". Also acted in 2 fast 2 furious, which is not me cup of tea kinda show. Looked latin but was actually born in Florida...reaction to her biography pages was *loss for words* and then *big smile*.


Don't understand the culture of Desperate Housewives. First of all, the casts are boring. From the "past-by-due-date" Teri Hatcher to the supremely overrated Eva Longoria, the concept of the show doesn't bring anything interesting. And the local tv company here un-shamefully used the "Sex and the City" jingle to promote D.H for it's upcoming first episode. Just coz it's the 'next-best-thing' that is legally allowed to be shown on tv doesn't mean they have to stoop so low for the promotion ad. D.H can never be able to match S.a.t.C in terms of storyline and adult humour factor. Who cares about Ms J eyeing the hunky neighbour next door? Anyways I don't even know what is happening after watching the pathetic season opener. S.a.t.C never fails to impress.

Speaking of which, The OC is another *yaaawwn*. The only reason I bother to watch it was when Samaire Armstrong played a "minor" role in it. Now that she is no more around, there is nothing worthy to view. Think it's trying to be the new-wave Beverly Hills.

~~~~~~~~
When will you say yes to me / Tell me quando quando quando
Say its me that you adore / And then darling tell me when
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've always wondered why "Your Disco Needs You" was not released as a single. That was as good as CGYOOMH though YDNY is very 70s whereas the latter is more of a futuristic theme.

Do you sometimes have dreams that was badly interrupted because the bloody alarm clock went off or the urge to visit the loo was unbearable? Then, you will be cursing and try to go back to sleep to "continue" that scene but it never materialize... Always wondered if it was in colour or black n white.
reported by Alex Banks

0 Comments:

Add a comment

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page free counter