Van Tango

Monday, June 06, 2005

Yodeling

Misinterpreted lyrics:

1. Destiny's Child - Lose My Breath.
Misheard : "Can you keep up; In the morning when I lose my breast...In the morning when I lose my breast"
Actual words : "Can you keep up; Baby boy, make me lose my breath; Bring the noise, make me lose my breath"

2. Abba : Take A Chance On Me
Misheard : "If you change your mind (Jackie-Chan-Jackie-Chan-Jackie-Jackie-Chan-Chan)"
Actual words : "If you change your mind (Take a chance, take a chance, take a take a chan chance)"

3. UB40 : Red Red Wine
Misheard : "Red red wine, steak lobster meat"
Actual words : "Red red wine, stay close to me"


Rafael Nadal won the French Open. This boy is only 19. Anyone who can defeat Federer (lost to Nadal in semis) must be someone special in the court. Would love to see this teen sensation go against the mighty Marat Safin. That would be a special encounter.

Mary Pierce was easily defeated by the return of Justine Henin-Hardenne in the finals. A bloody one sided affair. The funny thing was Venus W lost to some unknown teenage girl in the earlier rounds. That was simply embarrasing for the Williams clan.


"She's out of my league". I'm sorry but there is no such thing as 'out of your league'. Who the hell invented such a term? It is just nothing more than a state of mind. Anyone who thinks in this manner shows a lack of confidence. Just because she's hot and you don't consider yourself the same way, doesn't mean that you should stop pursuing. One need to develop the attitude that no individual is 'out of your league'.

Kelly was the winner of The Apprentice II, defeating Jennifer who was not a favorite amongst all the high ranking business personnel at the final boardroom. I think he deserved this victory as he showed more leadership quality and better interpersonal skills whereas Jenn just knows when to use her power of speech to slither her way out of trouble whenever her team lost. Ivana is really one daring lady...doing that skirt-stunt in public and on national TV too...goodness what was she thinking.

Me favs in the show were Raj and Andy. Raj reminds me of some ol' mates from school back then. Those who have no fear to confront women and be upfront even though the situation is not that healthy. Andy, on the other hand, is an ex debating champion. But then he got caught in between two extremely aggressive women in Sandy & Jenn who out-spoke him in the boardroom which led to his dismissal. The best lines at the reunion show were from Donald who said "Poor Andy. He might never debate again after that" and from Andy himself who proclaimed "Those two women should be on The Contender, not The Apprentice!". Ahhh...good sense of humour too. Cool dude.

On a personal note, Stacy R & Elizabeth are an eye candy in the show. Negotiating a "business plan" with either of them would be nice.

~~~~~~~~~
Informer
You know say daddy me snow me-a (gonna) blame
A licky boom-boom down
'Tective man he say, say daddy me snow me stab someone down the lane
A licky boom-boom down
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fantastic words...
reported by Alex Banks

1 Comments:

Those misinterpreted lyrics are hilarious. I especially liked your UB40 one.

Thanks for visiting our site at http://lonelynote.blogspot.com .

~Steve
commented by Blogger Steve, Friday, June 10, 2005 3:01:00 PM  

Add a comment

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page free counter