Van Tango

Friday, May 20, 2005

Espionage

Gorillaz new song is called "Feel Good Inc". It doesn't really grab me the first few times. But soon, the grooves made more sense and it sound pretty cool. Hope the new album can impress moi like the previous one, with "Clint Eastwood" and "Rock Da House" especially can be repeated till infinity without getting sick of it.

I was disappointed to say the least about Green Day's "punk opera" concept on the latest cd. I missed the days where Dookie,Insomniac & Nimrod were on Cd-repeats. Those triplets are what G.D should be sticking to..not American Idiot....but then they still look cool.

Ain't too sure if Girls Aloud will be around in the long haul. Their first album has absolute class songs like "Sound of the Underground" & "No Good Advice" which has mind blowing electronica sounds mixed with a few ballads, one of which "Life Got Cold"...is brilliantly done.
The second one contains some unnecessary covers like "Stand By You" & "Jump". But then "Wake Me Up" & "Love Machine" & "The Show" are superb to say the least. They also did a song that was originally found in Lene's (ex Aqua singer) album called "Here We Go".... it was one of the most kick-ass song that is hugely underrated.

Speaking of which, Natalie Imbruglia's new song "Shiver" is so lovely that I fell for it on first hear. Her 1998 "Torn" song undoubtedly made her a superstar back then. I think she went into acting for a while...this new album should be good.

Was web surfing around and I came across one mtv site that showcase The Departure's "Lump In My Throat" video. I must say the way mtv promotes some good bands is a tad waaaaaay too long. A prime example is this.
The Departure has been around since June-Aug 2004 and only now they are brought to 'life' to the common public. And btw, this is their 3rd single after "All Mapped Out" & "Be My Enemy". They are dubbed as "English Interpol" but I don't think so. They incorporate more towards 80s retro rock beats ala Depache,NewOrder whereas Interpol is like The Chameleons and Echo&TheBunnymen to Joy Division.

Ok let's talk about Kasabian. Pronounced as "Ker-say-bee-yearn", this four dudes produced a self-named album consisting of crazy beats and a lot of "aah aah aahh ahh" that fits perfectly with their music. At times u can hear shades of Liam's sneers and some Primal Scream too. Me favs will include L.S.F, Club Foot, I.D, Cutt Off & Processed Beats. They were said to be hanging out in a house to experiment with a bucketful of tunes of all kinds of music and incorporate sounds that can make the audience hooked and mystified. And boy, did they ever. When I first heard it, was not sure what this band is projecting...It doesn't sound like a normal band, it doesn't have the same pattern that is expected from a rock song. The feeling was weird when me watch it on tv.
BUT the shock factor came when me sampled their cd since I was very curious about this group. I must have been on the headphones of the mega store for about 50mins at least...going thru each song. Lucky that me mates were not around or they will be pissed off and be bugging me to get out a.s.a.p.

Subconsciencely their tunes were hummed days and weeks ahead. It's getting scary..

One day, a song will be stuck in my mind... On another day..another song will be stuck.. These dudes rock.

Which brings me to the topic of music that sounds bollocks to me ears. A prime example is METAL. Seriously, I have no idea what is the craze from some of me mates, inclusive of me nephews who adores metal music. They screamed(sang) as if their house were on fire and wore these supposedly funny masks that doesn't ring a bell to me. Can't bring meself to appreciate their melodies...if that's what you call screaming aimlessly. That ain't cool.

Wanna know what's cool? Carlito is cool. Cena is cool.

A band that breathes the word 'cool' is The Strokes. They don't need to have any masks or world class props. All is needed are instruments and the mike. And let their music show every soul what is the definition of cool.
Anyone who don't appreciate them are classed as 'Un-Cool'.

Ashley Cole is one lucky boy to have Cheryl Tweedy as his significant other. I don't think he is at all good looking. Would prefer Ljunberg or Reyes to be with Cheryl cause she deserves the best...Ashley...should move to Spain next season..don't waste his time rotting in the "diminishing" North London club. Mourinho is the 'Darth Vader' of the EPL now...


"Difficult to see, always in motion is the future" - Yoda
reported by Alex Banks

1 Comments:

This was a thought out and well written post. Nice to see in Blog Land. :)
commented by Blogger RedPita, Friday, May 20, 2005 3:19:00 PM  

Add a comment

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page free counter